Sometimes individuals find they don’t have the kind of smile they would like. Because of gaps or crowding, cracks or chips, or discoloration, an individual may hide their smile. Fortunately, Dentistry By Design offers restorative dentistry. This service can help align teeth, cover or repair damaged teeth, and restore natural color to your smile.
What Is Restorative Dentistry?
Some individuals have dental flaws in their teeth. Often a common issue like alignment, where teeth either crowd the mouth or have gaps, can be corrected by getting braces. But for some people, the gaps or crowding are too severe or due to some outside issues. In this case, dentists can use dental veneers or bridges to create a seamless, natural-looking smile. However, restorative dentistry is primarily concerned with keeping the mouth as healthy as possible. Damaged teeth with cavities or cracks, allow bacteria to grow potentially leading to tooth decay. It can also impact how and what you eat. More than anything else, making sure your mouth functions properly is the best way to maintain good oral health. But the emotional benefits of having a lovely smile can’t be understated.
Some of the procedures falling into the category of restorative dentistry include:
- Fillings: Examining teeth for cavities, cleaning them, and filling the holes made.
- Veneers: Tooth-colored coverings put over your teeth to address issues of discoloration.
- Crowns: When a tooth is cracked, badly decayed, or has had a root canal, this is a cap put on to restore its look and function
- Bridges: This is a kind of fixed restoration meant to replace one or two missing teeth.
- Full and partial dentures: As whole sections of artificial teeth, dentures look like natural teeth and give you full use of your mouth.
- Dental implants: Can replace extracted or missing teeth.
Each of these procedures improves your overall oral health. But they also give back to you the kind of smile you used to have or always wanted.
Dentistry by Design
No matter what the reason you need restorative dental services, Dentistry By Design is there. Whether you are looking to get your smile back to what it once was or if you are hoping to have the smile of your dreams, we can help. We believe everyone deserves the confident, healthy smile they want. Therefore, Dentistry By Design strives to provide its clients with the services they want and need. You can reach us now at 972.231.3013. Don’t hesitate. Let us help you show the world your bright, healthy smile.