If you have a missing tooth resulting from a cavity or injury, then you may benefit from restorative dentistry in Texas. Dental restoration can help repair your teeth’s function and improve the look of your smile! A specialist can replace your tooth and improve the structure of your mouth with dental implants.
The goal of dental restoration is to preserve your natural teeth. With restorative dentistry, your dentist can manage any oral health problems and prevent further issues from happening. Therefore, If you currently have any dental concerns, then schedule an oral exam with your dentist. A specialist can diagnose your condition and make recommendations for the right treatment.
Types of Dental Restoration
There are several types of dental restoration, such as:
- Fillings – If you have a cavity, a dentist can remove the affected area and replace it with a filling. Fillings can also repair cracked/broken teeth or worn-out teeth. You can choose from cast gold, silver, or composite fillings
- Veneers – Dental veneers can help improve the appearance of your tooth. They are a thin cover the dentist places over your tooth using a specialized adhesive. Furthermore, you can get veneers that match the color of your teeth so that they look natural
- Crowns – A dental crown is a cap that the dentist places over your tooth. It is a more permanent solution than dental fillings or veneers. A dental crown strengthens your tooth, improves your chewing, and improves the look of the tooth. Crown options include a metal alloy, ceramic, porcelain, or a composite resin
- Bridges – If you have teeth missing, then you may choose a dental bridge. The dentist will make a custom bridge that replaces the missing tooth. A bridge is an excellent option if you have several teeth missing
- Dentures – Dentures typically replace all of your teeth. You can take dentures out, clean them, and put them back into your mouth. Also, dentures improve your smile and facial structure. A dentist can customize your dentures to fit your mouth perfectly
- Dental Implants – If you are looking for a permanent solution for a missing tooth, a dental implant may be the solution. The dentist inserts the dental implant into your jawbone using sturdy support. As a result, you can expect long-term dental restoration with dental implants
Which Dental Restoration Option is Best for You?
When you schedule a dental restoration service, your dentist will perform an exam to determine your condition. They will also discuss your options and make recommendations based on the results of the exam.
What should you consider when choosing the right dental restoration option? First, think about the long-term costs. You may save money upfront by going with a cheaper solution. However, it may cost you more in the long run. Second, think about which option prevents further problems down the road. Third, you need to choose a solution that improves the performance of your teeth. After all, you use your teeth for eating, talking, and appearance. They need to work well.
Schedule Restorative Dentistry in Texas
If you are suffering from a cavity or missing tooth, Dentistry by Design can help. We offer complete dental restoration services in Texas. Call us today at 972.231.3013 to schedule an exam. We can help you improve the look and function of your teeth.